Monday, February 27, 2012

My New machine

     I just purchased a new machine.  Well it is new to me! It is an antique machine in an original enclosed wooden cabinet.  It is a Meier and Frank (the dept store) machine. It looks identical to a Singer 27VS1.  But the shuttle says Eldredge. It doesn't match the designs of any Eldredge or National machine. It kinda looks like a Damacas that Montgomery Ward but the bobbin winder is different.
    It has a whole set of geist attachments. Of course lots of machines from that era have them and some were purchased later.  I love the old ruffler foot!  I haven't been able to sew on it. It works but my husband is going to clean it and oil it. It doesn't looked used in a while so I'd rather be safe and wait till it is well oiled. 
     I have no idea why the fantasy of using a treadle to make things seems so appealing. It is just one of those crazy little girl dreams. My grandma had an old singer that never worked. I use to sit and play with the treadle and dream about using it!

No comments:

Post a Comment